Jan 11, 2016

Bucket Of Sads: David Bowie


Are you as shocked as I am? Just after releasing his latest album, Ziggy has gone to the stars.
I can't even begin to wrap my noodle around the thought of a world without David Bowie, a genuine visionary who carved entirely new pathways - and not just in music, but fashion, art, sexual representation. Happily, he's already been reborn. A Cincinnati zoo just named their new baby penguin "David Bowie." Oh, and you should know that it's of the blue fairy penguin breed, complete with flashy blue feathers, which seems right. There's also Bowie's music:



5 comments:

tony said...

Totally shocked! Wish I had seen him perform at his first concert when he toured the U.S. in Cleveland in 1972: Rest in Peace.

https://www.pinterest.com/pin/408279522439849586/

David Federman said...

David Bowie was the Lon Chaney of rock and roll. In one of his last songs, "Lazarus," he intimated that reincarnation and reinvention were no longer viable options. Maybe I should go back and re-listen to the Buddha of Suburbia. By the way, I saw him in several guises--and I miss them all.

The Cheerful Earfull! said...

I miss him, too. And I’ve never heard of him being compared to Lon Chaney before. Perfect.

Anonymous said...

Sad beyond words. This is what I posted on my FB page:

< “WHAT!!!...?” My wife & I exclaim in unison as we heard on the 6pm news last night that David Bowie has died. “WOW…”. David. Bowie. Has. Died. “NO WAY!!!”. But didn’t he just release a new album? Yes, he did. Didn’t I just listen to it a couple of hours previously? Yes, I did. And doesn’t the song “Blackstar” sound hauntingly like a funereal requiem? Yes, it does, even more so knowing what has transpired. I thought (hoped) that David Bowie was immortal. David Bowie CANNOT die – surely he’ll live for ever!? No. The sad truth is that we are all mortal and, like Ziggy, one day we will all return to Stardust. Farewell Mr. Bowie, you will live on in your music. And a wonderful legacy it is. Thank you. >

And thank you for a wonderful blog.

Cheers, your mystery friend from Down Under. :-)

The Cheerful Earfull! said...

Wonderfully put, Mystery Friend.