Aug 12, 2014

Bucket Of Sads: Lauren Bacall & Robin Williams


Can the week get any worse in Hollywoodland? A true screen legend has just passed.
In the early 1980's, I snuck into a Broadway theatre during intermission (you could do that back then) to see the second half of "Woman Of The Year," a Broadway musical starring the legend herself.

She was electrifying - and I'm not exaggerating. You could feel the audience lean forward every time she swept on stage; her presence was that commanding. They say Hollywood deaths come in threes. Let's hope they're wrong.


Meanwhile, I'm still reeling from Robin William's demise. 


What a terrible loss. Enjoy his singing below and his joyous words here.


And for a special Anonymous friend, here's James Garner with Diahann Carroll at the March on Washington in 1963. This, my friends, is what a man looks like:

14 comments:

Keir said...

You must have had a premonition...

The Cheerful Earfull! said...

If that's the case. I wish I'd been wrong. :(

boppinbob said...

Another great gone too soon.
R.I.P Robin.
"Shazbot"

P.S. Thanks for the share Mr Cheerful.

Anonymous said...

Robin Williams and Lauren Bacall R.I.P. TV and film legend James Garner passed away in July of this year too...

The Cheerful Earfull! said...

Loved James Garner. Such a versatile actor; he really could play anything.

Anonymous said...

Thank you for such a wonderful blog! Sad times indeed. Chin-up and keep 'cheerful'! From an unknown friend from the land of OZ... :-)

The Cheerful Earfull! said...

Good advice. Let's all try to keep cheerful.
An 'unknown friend' from OZ. How mysterious!

Anonymous said...

Aladdin does not appear to be available anymore. Any chance for a re-up, please. Many thanks!

The Cheerful Earfull! said...

The link is working, but try pasting the link below in a new window. Hit return and it should start DL immediately.

http://www.adrive.com/public/5jFNfB/RW-Al.zip

Bob said...

GAWD ... losing these three more or less all at once.

John Daly said...

Thanks for Alanis. I just bought Patti LuPone - 'matters of the heart'. from my local charity shop [$3]. Whoo Hoo. Thank you for the great music and the exploration it starts. (My big fave UK jazz singer Sarah Jane Morris, should be introduced to the USA. 'time you did it'). John

The Cheerful Earfull! said...

I love that Patti CD. In fact, I think it's her best. And I love Sarah Jane, too. Who knows, maybe she'll show up here! :D

Bernie said...

The Woman of the Year link downloads fine, but asks for a password upon trying to unzip? Do you know what the password would be or where I can get one?

I've been dying to hear this recording for EONS. Thank you for doing what you do!!

The Cheerful Earfull! said...

On the right hand column of this blog, you'll see:

Looking for the password?
Here it is: thecheerful

It works for any file here.